Firsthand experience with the challenges of being disabled
L.I.F.E. Center for Independent Living was born of a group of people, many of whom had disabilities and therefore knew firsthand some of the challenges presented by society, with the common goal of positively impacting the lives of people with disabilities.
In 1997 the L.I.F.E. Center for Independent Living opened with the mission of maximizing the independence, productivity, and empowerment of individuals with disabilities and promoting the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities into the mainstream of society.
Originally focused on providing the four core services of Advocacy, Information and Referral, Peer Support, and Independent Living Skills Training, the Center has since expanded to offer many more related services.
Meet our Board of Directors
L.I.F.E., Inc. is governed by an eight-member Board of Directors, at least 51% of whom must have a disability. (Currently, 63% of Board Members have a disability.) All members serve 3 year terms.
- Roy Henson, Vice Chair, Assessment Center Supervisor, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/14
- Stuart Landrum, Software Designer, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/15
- Lisa Leftridge, Access Director, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/14
- Robert Mooney, Chair, Presiding Commissioner, Madison County, Term Expires: 10/15
- Jerry Nesbit, Business Owner, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/15
- John Williams, Attorney, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/14
- Jill Wolk, Secretary/Treasurer, Counselor/Teacher, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/14
- Courtney Bauman, Personal Care Attendant/ Ste. Genevieve County, Term Expires: 10/16
- Randall Windsor, St. Francois County, Term Expires: 10/16